Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Coco Before Chanel

I recently watched Coco Before Chanel and it sparked my interest in Chanel's influence in defining the modern woman in her simple and timeless designs. Wearing a little black dress amidst a sea of cream corseted gowns, she looks like she has traveled back in time. Her designs convey casual elegance in timeless silhouettes that transcends over generations and generations.

I think that today, Chanel still stands to be a highly successful and respected fashion house because it sticks to the core design concepts that Coco established in 1909. I love their classic accessories, uniquely Chanel suits and their dresses with a touch of romance. I also admire their advertising campaigns and choice of muses to encapsulate the essence of the brand.

The Little Black Dress
Audrey Tatou in Coco Before Chanel

The Chanel Suit

Chanel Dresses

No comments:

Post a Comment