Tuesday, November 9, 2010

San Francisco

I love San Fransisco. It's one of the most unique, characteristic and diverse cities I've ever been to which I've been lucky enough to visit a few times. When I was there earlier this year, my cousins took some time off to take me around the city to enjoy the different neighbourhoods and some of their favourite eateries.

A stand out was a brunch at Tartine, which even Gwyneth Paltrow has raved about on her blog as "one of the most well-known and well-loved bakeries in America". Freshly baked bread and pastries, eclectic corner location in the heart of the Mission neighbourhood and right near Mission Delores Park where we enjoyed a picnic under the sun and amongst the relaxed locals (who didn't seem to have a care in the world for 11am on a Tuesday!)

Altogether, everywhere I went and everything I ate in San Fransisco was unforgettable and amazing. It took me awhile to search through my memory, dig through business cards and flick through menus on Google to find the names of some of these places so I hope you enjoy the photos and can one day try it for yourselves!

Tartine Bakery & Cafe (Mission)
Spicy Turkey Hot Pressed Sandwich - turkey breast, provolone, broccoli rabe pesto
Fresh, delicious and plentiful!
Also try the gelato shop adjacent from the park - salted caramel? Amazing!

Cafe Delucchi (North Beach - Little Italy)
Green Eggs and Ham - omelet with ham, tomatoes, parmesan and housemade pesto
A great combination! Also try the homemade tiramisu gelato from the deli across the road!

Asia SF (Soma)
3 Course Menu with live entertainment in true San Fransisco style
Great atmosphere, food, service and definitely an experience to remember!

The Girl and the Fig (Sonoma)
Top Sirloin Burger - grilled onions, brie and matchstick fries
Perfect little restaurant with a wide range of quality food in the wine country
Make sure you try the cheese platter and wine!

Other places to see and eat: 

No comments:

Post a Comment