Saturday, January 22, 2011

Transom Windows

Whenever I look at pictures of houses, I'm always in love with the idea of the extra flow of natural light into a room from windows above windows or doors. I googled this word for word to find out that they are called "transom windows" and not only give more light but can also function as ventilation devices to release hot air from the hottest part of the room. My favourite transom windows are the arched ones that highlight a central doorway or a window seat. Here are some images to give you a better idea of what I'm talking about - they're so versatile and are so much prettier than normal windows and doors!

1 comment:

  1. i love the first and second photo the most! can't wait to have my own home when i grow up ^_^