- 400mL lite coconut cream
- 1/2 Chinese BBQ duck
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 can lychees, drained
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 handful of Thai basil leaves
- 6 fresh Kaffir lime leaves
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- Jasmine rice to serve
- Water as required
- Pour half of the coconut cream in a medium frying pan over a medium-high heat and bring to the boil.
- Add 2 tbs red curry paste and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the remaining coconut cream, duck, fish sauce and sugar. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Add the lychees, tomatoes, Thai basil, Kaffir lime leaves and red and green chillies, and cook, stirring until heated through.
- Now that you've added all the ingredients, taste the curry to see if it has the right balance of flavours. I added water to reduce the intensity of the curry paste and seasoned with sugar to reduce the saltiness. Once seasoned, simmer to thicken the sauce again.
- Divide among serving bowls and serve with the rice.